SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly accomplished professional in the area of web design and project management. Demonstrated expertise in leading web development projects and site migrations. A broad range of experience related to web design and development, photo editing, and the effective presentation of information. Accomplished at incorporating the desires of stakeholders with a strong design solution.
2011- present Web / Wiki / Graphics Communications, NYU Global Technology Services (GTS)
See NYU Global Technology Services portfolio
Multiple roles and responsibilities on web, wiki, graphics and photography projects for GTS.
• Web site launch Global Technology Services: Web lead and video producer of text and video case studies that explain the work of this department that supports NYU’s global sites. Collaborate with stakeholders, copy writer, videographer, web strategy consultant, project sponsor and manager. Research, develop content, create web page layouts, research & edit photos, do quality assurance, publish approved pages in NYU’s content management system, and work to increase web traffic. www.nyu.edu/gts
• Web site launch India Research: Project manage, schedule, design and build web site working with faculty to establish project requirements, gain approval of site design and refine content presentation. Test hand-built HTML site for quality assurance. www.nyu.edu/india-research
• GTS Communications and Branding: Work on department messaging, presentations and graphics.
• Intranet relaunch NYU Paris:Design hybrid intranet. Create site map for the structure of mixed
web / wiki / Google app resources. Work with web developer, project manager and Paris stakeholders.
• Web site launch and Graphic for ServiceLink: Develop content, design, build and test HTML web site. Create graphics – posters, flyers and web promos – for service roll-out to global sites. www.nyu.edu/servicelink-project
• Wiki / intranet launch Global Technology Services: Build and design wiki / intranet. Create information architecture, design presentation of content, employ wiki macros, set access permissions for user groups. Work with department stakeholders to encourage use and ensure that needs are met. nyu.edu/gts/wiki
2011 Web Designer, Inside Schools
See Inside Schools portfolio
• Web site relaunch: Redesigned / updated the look-and-feel and navigation for this large site of information, advice, videos, statistics, news and discussion forums on NYC public schools.
2009-2011 Web Communications Manager, NYU Abu Dhabi
See NYUAD portfolio
Led NYUAD New York web team in support of NYU’s premiere initiative NYU Abu Dhabi.
• Web site relaunch: Project-managed the relaunch of nyuad.nyu.edu with Pentagram's design and new information architecture. Worked with NYUAD stakeholders, contractors and in-house developers.
• Design: Expanded Pentagram's designs to meet the needs of a rapidly expanding web site; maintained the integrity of the design, branding and visual agreement of all the site elements.
• Project management: Scheduled projects and workflow, communicated with stake-holders on requests for web work, including needs assessment, and establishing scope and schedule for projects.
• Photo editing: Selected photographs to convey the enthusiasm for the opening the new campus.
• Content Development: Reviewed content to insure clear communication. Worked with stakeholders to improve presentation of online information, meet stakeholders' goals and create a better user experience.
• Supervising and quality assurance: Supervised and tested development work of new site resources.
2006 to 2008 Web Manager, The Journalism School Columbia University
See Columbia University Journalism School portfolio
Revised and updated The Journalism School web site, journalism.columbia.edu.
• Web site relaunch: Worked with designers and school stakeholders on developing redesign. Improved site’s information architecture and the clarity, usability and timeliness of content. Collaborated with consultants and in-house developers to integrate the front-end design with CMS templates.
• Photo editing: Selected images; built slide shows; populated the site with strong images.
• Quality assurance: Tested functionality of CMS and the web site, documented issues and tracked solutions. On the front-end, checked for consistent graphical display across templates.
• Supervising: Managed and trained part-time web assistants.
• Training: Supervised development of users' guide and led FatWire training sessions for school staff.
• Search Engine Optimization: Worked to increase web traffic from search engines. Search engine optimization changes increased the site’s traffic from Google 110% in 2008 compared to 2007 referrals.
2005 Web Designer, New York Academy of Medicine
Successfully developed a new web site for teachers from design concept to launch.
• Launched new web site: Created interface design for this site with many interactive features: user profiles; rating lesson plans and saving selected lessons, HealthLessons.org.
• Design and Development: Designed branding and site graphics; created wire frames; planned interactive user experience. Worked with web developer, the Director of IT and the HealthLessons project committee.
• Usability Testing: Conducted usability tests to evaluate user needs, check success and clarity of design.
1998 to 2005: Webmaster, WNYC Radio
Designed new sections of the WNYC.org and produced web presentation for fund raisers.
• Design: Designed mini-sites for special programming and national radio programs, coordinated input from stakeholders. Developed look and feel, logos, graphics and navigation.
• Training: Supervised new content producers as Interactive Department staff increased.
• Marketing: Worked with the Membership Department to create the online presentation for fund drives. Designed online presentation of thank-you gifts, created animated graphical banners, edited marketing copy for the web and formatted page display of secure membership form. WNYC achieved a higher rate of online giving than any other public radio station; in the May 2004 fundraising drive, 35% of all pledges were made online.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE 1984 to 1997
Children's Museum of Manhattan
• Relaunched: museum's web site with a fun child-friendly design.
• Project management: coordinated multiple production teams for "Seuss!" exhibit.
Staten Island Children’s Museum
• Writing: co-authored teaching manual exploring photo journalism, "It's News To Me."
• Training: wrote users' guide for the video studio and led training sessions for museum educators.
• Project management: led production team that built interactive exhibition, "Wonder Water."
Photographer, Photo Stylist and Photo Researcher
• Worked freelance for multiple employers.
Miss Goldbum's Gowns, independent film production
• Project management: pre-production Planning; storyboarding
• Camera work for short narrative 16mm film
• Public Radio Development Awards best practices in web design for Membership web pages WNYC.org
• Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism, for distinguished coverage, WNYC Radio Rookies
• Artists Space Special Project Grant for web-based project www.artistprotection.com
• Mid-Atlantic Art Foundation grant, artist residency at Kean College, Elizabeth, NJ
See Photo Collages web site
Photographer and photo collagist, exhibited nationally and internationally.
Bachelor of Arts:
Empire State College, SUNY. Majors in photography and archeology
DreamWeaver, Podcasting and InDesign – Teachers College, Columbia University
Information Architecture and User Interface, and Photoshop – New School University
Presenting Information – Edward Tufte
Graphic Design – Parsons School of Design
Photoshop and HTML – School of Visual Arts
Photography – International Center of Photography
Documentary filmmaking – University of Paris at Nanterre, France